If you are cruising for the first time, please be aware that you will miss part of the Sail Away Party if you fly our Banner.
If you request the Banner, your name will be published on our Banner Sailing Calendar.
All correspondence of the Banner details and the cruisers who requested the Banner should NOT contact other cruisers with regards to the Banner until they are instructed to do so by Jacqui Shelton (unless it’s for a friendly chat on topics other than the Banner).
Failure to comply after you have received the Banner could result in being kicked out of the group.
- If you would like to fly the Banner on your cruise, the Banner form must be completed no later than 8 weeks before your cruise. If your request is within 8 weeks, we will try our best to accommodate your request.
- You are responsible for shipping charges to the next person sailing, priority or better with tracking.
- Keep it clean and please add your name, date, city and state with a sharpie on the back of the banner only.
- You lose it, you replace it.
- We will need your permission to give your address to the next cruiser for the exchange. If you are not comfortable with this, we will not be able to coordination the banner for your cruise.
- Do not hang the banner over the rail. This is against ship regulations.
- If you receive a Banner that is damaged, please notify us as soon as possible.
- If we have tried to contact you and you do not respond you will be passed up to receive the Banner for your cruise. It is very important to coordinate with us so you receive the Banner in a timely manner.
- If you are cruising a B2B, please fill out a request form for both cruises.
- Please key your information correctly. The Admins or Banner Coordinator are not responsible for typo
- You must be a member in good standings in DCG for at least 6 months in order to get the banner. Please do not deactivate your Facebook account, or leave the group until banner is safely on it’s way to the next member.
Return Shipping Details
USPS Priority medium size box . DO NOT USE AN ENVELOPE. Shipping should be about $13.45 domestic and includes tracking. This is not negotiable because sending it cheaper and in a smaller box or envelope will damage the banner.
INTERNATIONAL USPS Priority rates for Canada are about $40.00. If you mail without Priority, its about $20.00. If you can try to mail it from the U.S it is cheaper. Please allow three weeks mailing time.
Please feel free to contact Jacqui Shelton if you have any question about the Banner Form request.
Fill out THIS FORM to request the Banner: